Sunday, September 11, 2022

Laundry Tales

 

Laundry Tales

I’ve been doing laundry for some time now.  One of the consistent things that I have noticed is the habit of the laundry cycle (washer then dryer) to turn clothes inside-out (outside-in for the left handed).  This has bothered me for some time, so I decided to do something about it. I didn’t know which appliance was responsible for this reversal, but decided that I didn’t care, the end product being the aim of the exercise. The next time I did a load of laundry, I purposely turned everything inside-out (or outside-in if you’re so inclined), even the socks.  I duly put the laundry in the washer, ran it through the wash cycle and then into the dryer. When it had finished, I, with some trepidation, removed all of the clothes and examined them.  And sure enough all of the clothes were . . . still inside-out (or outside – oh, you get the idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do we want to be?

  In his excellent book about the US Civil War, ‘Battle Cry of Freedom’, James M. McPherson writes the following about the aftermath of that...